The Network/Project Engineer position serves in a technical leadership role. They will manage and coordinate projects from start to finish. This position requires close communication and coordination with all support department managers as well as outside clients to meet business goals for IT Advisors LLC (ITA).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Willingness and adaptability to regularly travel nationally up to 80% of the time. Ability to travel without prior notice is imperative for this position.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
- Expert with IT Security best practices and how they relate to various Regulatory Compliance systems.
- Serves as a top-tier support for issues that have important impact on both internal employees and external clients.
- Provide mentoring and training to other technical staff, including but not limited to, in-house staff and client employees.
- Evaluate offered, recently released and/or updated vendor technologies while providing recommendations and go-to market plans for said technologies.
- Assist with the definition, development, installation and administration of solution demonstrations.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all primary client and vendor accounts.
- Create supporting documentation and processes for new technology configurations, customizations and functionalities available to clients.
- Produce high-level visuals and diagrams of solution designs.
- Drives projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Coordinates and schedules resources across departments and multiple organizations to align project requirements with objectives.
- Identifies, monitors, escalates if necessary and reports project related eventualities to achieve timely resolution.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall objectives.
- Utilizes project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestone completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies and overall project completions.
- Maintains excellent communication with Team Members, Direct Management and Clients to ensure prompt detection of potential obstacles and timely reporting of status.
- Ability to generate detailed technical papers and effectively explain them to peers and clients.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
- Expert knowledge and experience with multiple business solutions including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft: Windows Server and Client OS, Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V
- Dell and HPE server / network hardware
- VMware vSphere
- Cisco Systems firewalls, routing, and switching platforms
- Cloud platforms: Azure / Office 365, Google Apps, AWS
- Capability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strong customer service skills. Responds to and prioritizes incoming service requests promptly and professionally.
- Collaborates with vendors, providers, and even competitors in a “same team” mentality focused on the shared goal of the customer’s happiness.
- Understands that a job is not “completed” until everyone involved has been informed.
- Exemplifies a “proactive” approach in their job duties and responsibilities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to be challenged and expand knowledge.
- Adapts effortlessly to dynamically shifting priorities and circumstances without causing any stress to the customer or the team.
- Be comfortable navigating database visualization tools to self-motivate and self-teach on client specific code branches or business logic.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate and present to clients and employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience, plus seven (7) years’ experience as an IT professional.
- Must have at least (1) of the following major IT certifications (other certifications not listed may be considered):
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- MCSE/MCITP (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Certified Information Technology Professional
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- VMware Certifications
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA directives.
- Project Management Certification recommended but not required.
- HIPAA Compliance knowledgeable
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Exposure to ITIL framework.
- Reliable form of transportation.
Potential supervisory responsibilities contingent upon the magnitude and scope of the current project load.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively verbally communicate and present to clients and employees. Ability to generate detailed technical papers and effectively explain them to peers and clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages as well as to create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and tactfully manage a variety of unforeseen variables in any given situation in which only limited standardization exists. Ability to effectively interpret verbal and written instructions.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting and carrying office items and computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to operate and control the actions of equipment and machinery, requiring the monitoring, adjustment, regulation, and/or setting of multiple conditions.
- Standard hearing abilities for daily verbal interaction.
- Speaking clearly to communicate with others.
- Constant vision in using computers, reading fine print, interacting with the public and coworkers; visual requirements include hand/eye coordination & visual acuity in near/mid ranges.
Basic business office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.